BASEC @ Chenery
Welcome to BASEC @ Chenery, the after school program at Belmont’s Chenery Middle School.
*Please note that the information outlined below reflects programming during a normal year. BASEC has made modifications to its after school programming to ensure safety during the pandemic. Please visit our FAQ page or review the 22-23 Family Handbook to learn more.
BASEC provides Chenery students with a bridge between school and home. With a well-developed curriculum, BASEC @ Chenery imparts important 21st century skills including organizational skills, community service, social awareness, communication, creative problem solving, mindfulness, collaboration and teamwork.
How BASEC @ Chenery works:
- Runs Monday to Friday, from school dismissal until 6pm.
- Programming includes structured homework in the library, games, arts and crafts, sports, field trips, and more!
- Specialized enrichment workshops that run on a semester basis.
- Held every day in the Chenery School cafeteria, library, gym, and sports fields
- Day camp available during February and April vacation weeks
- Full summer enrichment program
- Professional after school teachers, trained to work with pre-adolescents