BASEC @ BURBANK
Welcome to BASEC @ Burbank, the after school program at Belmont’s Mary Lee Burbank School.
*Please note that the information outlined below reflects programming during a normal year. BASEC has made modifications to its after school programming to ensure safety during the pandemic. Please visit our FAQ page or review the 20-21 Family Handbook to learn more.
BASEC provides children a bridge between school and home. With a well-developed curriculum, BASEC imparts important 21st century skills including communication, creative problem solving, mindfulness, collaboration and teamwork. After school staff build long-term, year-to-year knowledge of each child, offering an opportunity for each child to grow and shine.
How BASEC @ Burbank Works:
- Runs Monday to Friday, from school dismissal until 5:50 PM
- Additional before school program available from 7:30 to 8:30 AM each day
- Includes full-day coverage for Wednesday early release days*
- Programming includes snacks, homework support, games, visual arts, talent show, music lessons, theater, workshops, sports, field trips, special METCO friends days, and more!
- Held every day in the Burbank School cafeteria, library, gym, and playground
- Day camp available during February and April vacation weeks
- Full summer enrichment camp
- Professional after school teachers, including Burbank school teachers and staff
- Consistent schedule that meets students’ physical, emotional, social and academic needs.
*No after school on the last day before Thanksgiving break and the last day of school in June.
BASEC @ Burbank is a great opportunity for your child to…
- develop schoolmate friendships outside of the classroom
- burn off some energy on the playground and in the gym
- tap into his/her creative side with a wide variety of art projects
- spend his/her afternoons choosing from interactive games, activities and organized events.
Tutoring at BASEC @ Burbank
Our one-on-one tutoring program for enrolled students targets support on specific academic content or executive function skill-building. Sessions are custom-designed to best meet your child’s needs. We draw on our strong long-standing relationships with classroom teachers to align our sessions with current classroom learning.
Each tutoring session meets for 30 minutes and can be scheduled for times before or after the school day. We believe that tutoring should foster a growth mindset and our teachers focus on that goal to determine the flow and direction of each session.
Availability is limited. For scheduling and pricing, please contact Ellen McEllin