BASEC @ BURBANK
Welcome to BASEC @ Burbank, the after school program at Belmont’s Mary Lee Burbank School.
*Please note that the information outlined below reflects programming during a normal year. BASEC has made modifications to its after school programming to ensure safety during the pandemic. Please visit our FAQ page or review the 20-21 Family Handbook to learn more.
BASEC provides children a bridge between school and home. With a well-developed curriculum, BASEC imparts important 21st century skills including communication, creative problem solving, mindfulness, collaboration and teamwork. After school staff build long-term, year-to-year knowledge of each child, offering an opportunity for each child to grow and shine.
How BASEC @ Burbank Works:
- Runs Monday to Friday, from school dismissal until 5:50 PM
- Additional before school program available from 7:30 to 8:30 AM each day
- Includes full-day coverage for Wednesday early release days*
- Programming includes snacks, homework support, games, visual arts, talent show, music lessons, theater, workshops, sports, field trips, special METCO friends days, and more!
- Held every day in the Burbank School cafeteria, library, gym, and playground
- Day camp available during February and April vacation weeks
- Full summer enrichment camp
- Professional after school teachers, including Burbank school teachers and staff
- Consistent schedule that meets students’ physical, emotional, social and academic needs.
*No after school on the last day before Thanksgiving break and the last day of school in June.
BASEC @ Burbank is a great opportunity for your child to…
- develop schoolmate friendships outside of the classroom
- burn off some energy on the playground and in the gym
- tap into his/her creative side with a wide variety of art projects
- spend his/her afternoons choosing from interactive games, activities and organized events.