BASEC @ Burbank Workshops Fall 2022
BASEC Workshops are enrichment classes that promote deep exploration into topics of interest for BASEC students. When space is available, BASEC Workshops are opened to the greater Burbank community. Children who don’t usually attend after school are encouraged to take BASEC Workshops.
THERE WILL BE TWO SESSIONS OF WORKSHOPS DURING THE 2022 – 2023 SCHOOL YEAR. LOOK FOR ENROLLMENT FORMS IN SEPTEMBER AND EARLY MARCH.
- Fall/Winter Session: October 17, 2022 – January 20, 2023
- Spring Session: March 27, 2023 – June 9, 2022
BASEC Fall Workshops will open first to current before and after school students on Monday, September 26, 2022.
On Friday, September 30, 2022, Workshop registration will then open to the greater Burbank community (i.e. Burbank students not already registered and enrolled in BASEC @ Burbank Before or After School Programs) and remaining spots in Workshops will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Per our licensing regulations, all students participating in BASEC Workshops must register and complete our enrollment information form for BASEC and pay a one-time registration fee of $95. We will email you the online link to these forms. This process then qualifies your child to participate in BASEC programs for the 2022-2023 school year, including workshop sessions, added or scheduled before and after school days and vacation camps.
If your child is currently enrolled in before or after school, you do not need to register for BASEC – you are already fully enrolled! You may just register for the Workshops that you would like below. If your child is not currently registered for BASEC for the 2022 – 2023 school year, you may register for the Workshops below, pay the one-time registration fee and then we will email you our enrollment form that will need to be completed and returned before October 14, 2022.
Daily BASEC Workshop Routine Information
(for students not attending BASEC after school on the day of their Workshop)
Classroom teachers will receive lists of students attending workshops.
- Students meet in the cafeteria at 2:50 (school dismissal) for check-in and snack. We provide nut-free snacks to all students. Kindergarten students are picked up from their classrooms and brought to the BASEC Kindergarten Room (203) for check-in and snack. Teachers will meet the students in the cafeteria or library and then they will go to the classroom for the Workshop.
- Most Workshops run from 3:00 – 4:00. Please note specific class schedules for Workshops that run at different times.
- Pickup from BASEC Workshops is at 4:00 in the cafeteria. If your child is not picked up by 4:10, they will join the BASEC @ Burbank after school program and you will be charged an add-a-day fee of $60.00. BASEC @ Burbank after school ends at 5:50.
Questions? Please contact Ellen McEllin for more information: email@example.com
*Students enrolled in BASEC on the day that a Workshop meets receive a discounted rate on that Workshop.
BASEC is thrilled to be able to offer Workshops again! We are adjusting our workshop offerings to try to accommodate all students that are interested. If the workshop that you are interested in is full, please send Ellen McEllin an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) requesting to be put on the waiting/interest list.