BASEC Workshops are enrichment classes that promote deep exploration into topics of interest for BASEC students. When space is available, BASEC Workshops are opened to the greater Burbank community. Children who don’t usually attend after school are encouraged to take BASEC Workshops.
There are three sessions of Workshops during the school year. Look for enrollment forms in September, January, and March.
- Fall Session: October 7, 2019- December 13, 2019
- Winter Session: February 1, 2020 – April 10, 2020
- Spring Session: May 4, 2020 – June 12, 2020
BASEC Fall Workshops will open exclusively to current before and after school students on Friday, September 20, 2019.
On Friday, September 29, Workshop registration will then open to the greater Burbank community (i.e. Burbank students not already registered and enrolled in BASEC @ Burbank Before or After School Programs) and remaining spots in Workshops will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Per our licensing regulations, all students participating in BASEC Workshops must register (and complete our enrollment information form) for BASEC. If your child currently attends before or after school, you don’t need to register at BASEC–you are already fully enrolled! Just register for the Workshops you would like below. If your child is not currently registered for BASEC for the 2019 – 2020 school year, you may register for the Workshops below and then we will email you our enrollment form that will need to be completed and returned before October 7, 2019
Daily BASEC Workshop Routine Information
(for students not attending BASEC after school on the day of their Workshop)
- Students meet in the cafeteria at 2:50 (school dismissal) for check-in and snack. We provide nut-free snacks to all students. Kindergarten students are picked up from their classrooms and brought to the library for snack. Teachers will meet the students in the cafeteria or library and then they will go to the classroom for the Workshop.
- Most Workshops run from 3:00 – 4:00. Please note specific class schedules for Workshops that run at different times.
- Pickup from BASEC Workshops is at 4:00 in the cafeteria. If your child is not picked up by 4:10, they will join the BASEC @ Burbank after school program and you will be charged an add-a-day fee of $40.00. BASEC @ Burbank after school ends at 5:50.
BASEC Spring Workshop Registration is Now Open. Please see the Workshop catalogue below. Please note that Wednesday Workshops are open to students attending after school on Wednesday only.
Please contact Ellen McEllin for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Students enrolled in after school on the day that a Workshop meets receive a discounted rate on that Workshop.