9th-12th Grade Overview
Welcome to BASEC @ BMHS Upper School Program for Grades 9 – 12, the after school program focusing on academic support and organizational skills at Belmont High School.
What is BASEC @ BMHS 9-12?
When many people think about high school academic support, they envision the specialized content tutor, who can help a student ace a math test or get an ‘A’ on a chemistry quiz. At BASEC @ BMHS 9-12, we do value and provide content support, but we believe it’s necessary to re-frame goals to reflect how daily practice can shape one’s identity. We help students own their academic performance by supporting and holding students accountable to successful, realistic routines.
- Supervised place for BHS students to do homework after school
- Personal attention for developing effective study habits
- Executive function and cognitive control support
- Flexible program that works with sports and activities schedules
- Peer tutoring and individualized support from professional program teachers
We have enrollment options available to meet the needs of every student and every family. Please click here to see our enrollment options.
- Learn important organizational, time management, and study skills
- Flexible, personalized program fits with students’ other activities
- Build connections with teachers, peers, guidance counselors
- Opportunities for community service
- Personal attention, focus on individual learners
- Parents receive regular communication from BASEC Site Director
- 1-on-1 peer tutoring (CLICK HERE for more information on our Tutoring Program)
Where and When?
- Monday – Friday, end of school day – 6:00 PM
- Students align with BASEC instructors to set up appointments for tutoring and EF coaching
- Located in the BHS media center
- Drop in before or after sports practices or extra curricular activities to get homework done
Research shows high-quality after school programs boost students’ academic performance, work habits and social skills: