Sample Daily Schedule
The BASEC @ BHS schedule is completely catered to the individual.
High school is a busy time and extra-curricular schedules vary from day-to-day and season-to-season. Our job is to help students navigate that time so that all expectations (including academic) can be met. BASEC @ BHS is open from the end of school to 6 PM, so that students can attend BASEC at days and times best suited for their needs.
A typical day at BASEC @ BHS varies greatly from student to student. See three sample schedules below:
Quarter 1 – Student: Sophomore in Marching Band
Enrolled 4-5 day schedule
Tuesday, October 1
- 2:25 – Check in with Site Director, review assignment app (MyHW), and update as necessary
- 3:00 – Work with Peer Tutor (facilitated by BASEC) on Honors Geometry.
- 4:00 – Have a snack provided by BASEC while finishing History and Chemistry HW
- 5:00 – Pack up and head to Marching Band
Quarter 2 – Student: Senior in Theatre
Enrolled 2-3 day schedule
Friday, January 4
- 2:25 – Check in with Site Director using paper planner of choice, updates as necessary
- 2:45 – Make assignment priority plan and works on Senior Thesis with Site Director
- 5:00 – Head to One Act rehearsal with assignment plan for remaining HW
Quarter 1 – Student: Freshman on Soccer team
Enrolled 1 day Schedule
Wednesday, September 17
- 1:25 – Update Planner for week with site Director, add all tests, quizzes, and project due dates
- 1:50 – Organize notebooks, papers, and note-ability app in iPad.
- 2:15 – Work with Physics Peer Tutor (facilitated by BASEC)
- 3:00 – Head to Soccer Practice