BASEC @ BHS
Welcome to BASEC @ BHS, the after school program focusing on academic support and organizational skills at Belmont High School.
What is BASEC @ BHS?
- Supervised place for BHS students to do homework after school
- Personal attention for developing effective study habits
- Executive function and cognitive control support
- Flexible program that works with sports and activities schedules
Where and When?
- Monday – Friday, from school dismissal until 6:00 PM
- Located in the Mezzanine of the BHS library
- Drop in before or after sports practices or extra curricular activities to get homework done
- Learn important organizational, time management, and study skills
- Flexible, personalized program fits with students’ other activities
- Build connections with teachers, peers, guidance counselors
- Opportunities for community service
- Personal attention, focus on individual learners
- Parents receive regular communication from BASEC Site Director
- 1-on-1 peer tutoring (CLICK HERE for more information on our Tutoring Packages)
Research shows high-quality after school programs boost students’ academic performance, work habits and social skills:
- Outcomes Linked to High-Quality Afterschool Programs
- Massachusetts Afterschool Research Study (MARS)
- Best Practices for Older Youth in Out of School Time
We have enrollment options available to meet the needs of every student and every family. Please click here to see our enrollment options.