BHS Peer Tutoring Program
for 9th and 10th grade BHS students
For the 2019 – 2020 school year, we are expanding our peer tutoring program, but spots are limited!
WHY PEER TUTORING?
- Putting in extra effort can be essential to academic success
- Our tutors have recently covered the material and excelled in their subjects.
- Our tutors provide support and coaching strategies for current assignments, help students with setting studying priorities, and prioritize areas of greatest need, so they see immediate results.
- Working with a peer creates a different dynamic and fresh perspective from which to engage the content.
- Tutoring is available Monday – Friday after school until 5:00 PM during BPS Academic Quarters 2, 3, and 4.
- The first session starts at the beginning of Quarter 2.
- BASEC teachers coordinate and support consistent weekly meeting times.
- Signing up for one session provides one meeting per week for one hour with the matched tutor, focusing on one subject. There are a total of nine meetings per academic quarter.
- Tutoring takes place in our BASEC @ BHS classroom (Mezz C) and the Mezz Computer Lab.
- All tutors complete a 6+ hour training program focused on effectively providing content support and executive function coaching. Tutors are referred by their classroom teachers, who recommend them based on their success in the content area.
- Our administrators continuously evaluate the sessions, tracking students’ work and topics covered during each session. You’ll receive a weekly update on your student’s progress.